Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First Letter Home

Hola Mama,
     So now I have completed my first day as Hermana Henderson.  At first it was a little over whelming because of all the information that was being thrown at me, but all in all it was a great first day.  As it turned out my companion is Hermana Wagner.  She is the sister Lorette told us about.  She is super nice and I can already tell we are going to get along great.  The other sister that is in our class companion didn't come so far now it is going to be the three of us.  The other sister missionaries I have met have all been super nice and their happiness is infections.  Today we also had teaching meetings.  It was where "investigators" came in and allowed us to ask them questions.  I couldn't help but feel how brave they were.  They all came in separately and told us their back stories and then we would ask them questions or bear our testimonies.  One was an older gentlemen that had lost his leg from a blood clot, the other was a college kid who's mother passed away and the other was a Japanese man.  They all had very different stores about why they were interested in the church and they were all at different levels of conversion.  It was really great to see it all from their perspective. 
     Several times today I felt my pockets looking for my phone wanting to text you and others about what was going on.  It felt weird knowing I can't  just pick up the phone and call or text.  I hope all is going well.  I miss you a lot! 
 Love, Hermana Henderson    

No comments:

Post a Comment