Monday, August 15, 2011

Spanish is Fun


Hola Mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It has been a long week I think the newness of the MTC has worn off. It seems like the days have gotten longer and the nights shorter. Spanish is not coming easily. I think I have a phrase down and memorized then an hour later I don't remember it at all. It is really frustrating. I just have to remember I have only really been learning it for 2 weeks now and there are several people in the same boat. I have  been in one of my moods which doesn't help with this situation at all, but my companions have been really patient with me and they make me laugh a lot too. For example I will share a story..... We were in class and doing role playing. Hermana Wagner was playing the investigator and our teacher was listening in. She then said something in Spanish and our teacher started to laugh and said " no no no Hermana, do you know what you just asked her?" she didn't. He then said that she had just asked if I wanted many men! haha we started to bust a gut right there in class. A day later we were in class again and we were practicing once again too. She was the investigator again and  when she tried to say the "name" of the investigater she mispronounced it and we noticed our other teacher was trying really hard not to laugh. So of course we had to ask what just happend and as it turned out she had just called herself a mans reproductive part. And just to top it all off, we were just back in our room folding laundry and she somehow found a piece of an Elders laundry!! Her face was priceless when she held it up with two fingers and asked what she should do with it.
 
I had to go up to the front office and ran into an old roommate of mine, she apparently works here now and I also ran into another sister missionay that I knew from my raquetball class. What a small world.  So did David get the skate board? and tell him thank you for the little letter that he sent. It was really sweet. Was Phil upset about going to school because he didn't get Mr. Fish? I know he was really hoping for him.  I also had to get more shots. I was not happy. I still have to get 2 more before I go to Alburquerque.   I am running out of time. Thank you for the letters. Every night I look forward to reading them. They are the highlight of my day!!  Oh! will you please have Lou write me too? I would like to hear how she it doing. I miss you and I look forward to reading your letters. 
Love, Karen 

No comments:

Post a Comment