Today we went to Santa Fe (Holy Faith) to carve
pumpkins with the other Spanish sisters in our Zone. It was fun. I’ll try and
send pictures this week.
So I am not going to lie this week has been one
of my hardest and most stressful. This past Thursday we were in a meeting with
our branch pres. and the mission leader. We had been talking about the
investigators in the area for a while and then all of the sudden the Branch
Pres turns to me and asks me to give a talk this Sunday and to have it as long
as I could make it. When he first asked it took a while for it to
register because I was like "Wait? What? THIS Sunday?!!" I
thought he must be joking. There is no way I can prepare a 15 min talk in
Spanish in just a few days and do all of my studies on top of that. Up in till
then I have felt like I have been just barely keeping my head above the water
when it comes to Spanish and then all of the sudden I felt like I was drowning
10ft under and not knowing which was up. This week was one big trial
of faith and patience with myself. Needless to say Sister Bachkoff was a big
help. As well as a great deal of prayer. When Sunday rolled around I was still
working on my talk and practicing the words I was having difficulty saying. But
when the time came to give my talk I was uncharacteristically calm. I stumbled
several time during the talk but it did not faze me like it did
when I would practice it. The Spirit was definitely keeping
me calm. I was so happy when it was done! Now on with the next challenge
of teaching the Gospel Essentials class next week.
So a little update on Jessica.... She has not
called us. We went looking for her at the Dollar Tree. She was not there
the first time we went but then on the second try she still was not
there. When we walked by one of the workers that we have never seen before
and he said "Hello Sisters". We thought Hummm well he must be a
member lets go talk to him and see if he has any information about Jessica.
Come to find out he is the manger of the store. We got to know him and found
out that he is a member and he gave us Jessica's work schedule! We wrote her a
note that he could give to her and had him tell her that we were checking up to
see how she was doing. The next day we got a call from the store manager, Bro.
Scott. He told us that Jessica a really touched that we came to check up on her
and told him that our meeting was not a matter of chance and she really wants to
talk with us! So far she still hasn’t :( It’s ok though because we have her
work schedule now so we will be seeing her on Thursday if she doesn’t call us
by then.
Love Karen


No comments:
Post a Comment