Holy
Guacamole! There is a Ton of Snow! I thought I was in a desert where it was
going to be hot. False. The snow kinda makes me feel trunky. It snowed for the
first time on my birthday. We woke up to about 2 inches of snow that day. We
made snow angels on our porch and I taught Hna B how to have a snow fight
hehehe. She was like a little kid in the snow. She is from Southern Cali and it
was her second time seeing snow. It all melted by the time we were done with
our studies.
I had a
fun birthday. When I was in the shower Hna B decorated the apartment with
streamers and put a whole bunch of fun things on my chair. Everyone was so
thoughtful. I had so much fun reading cards from everyone and opening up gifts.
Earlier in the week I received a package from Andi S. It was a party in a box!
We took it to district meeting Friday and baked the cakes at the church. They
all insisted that I put all of the candles on. When I blew them out I was sure
the smoke detector would go off :) Thankfully they didn't. I have a funny
picture where you can see all of the smoke. We popped the poppers; but
funny....when I was washing the dishes, trying to clean up, I went to turn the
faucet on and the whole faucet came off and water was squirting everywhere! I
got completely soaked. Thanks to my super fast reflexes I was able to turn the
water off in just enough time for everything to get completely wet:) There was
water on the floor, counters, all the way up on the cabinets. The water seemed
to have gotten everywhere but the sink :) thankfully my district leader helped
me put the faucet back on. I guess it just came unscrewed. After the disaster
with the water we all went to lunch at Panda Express yummm...
On my
actual birthday, after studies, Hna B took me out to lunch with the English
sisters (sis.King and sis Cook) to a little Mexican restaurant called Casacita
(Little House). It was super good. I ordered enchiladas, they were super spicy
but super yummy. After lunch we went to our appointments. None of them were
there :( We spent most of the day finding previous investigators. 2 of them
told us not to come back and the others were not home or just didn’t answer
their doors. That night we planned on going Christmas caroling to our
investigators and less actives with a family in our Branch and the Zone leaders
(they like to pretend to speak Spanish so we invited them along) . It started
snowing again and was sticking to the roads. There were several inches on the roads.
Hna B is the assigned driver and she has never driven in snow so I was trying
to coach her on how to drive in it. Kinda funny right, because you know how I
absolutely Hate driving in the snow! But I was wondering if she should be the
one driving because I have experience. Hey she did pretty well for her first
time. The people we wanted to carol to lived on the other side on town so it
took longer than expected to get there because of the snow. When we finally got
there we couldn't go down the streets we wanted because the town was having a
parade! We tried to find a different route but it was blocked off too:( So we
started to head back the way we came because it was getting late. We were only
able to sing to 2 people. We might go out and try it again when it is closer to
Christmas.
This week
all together we had a lot of rejection. It was hard to keep our spirits up.
Especially this past Saturday. We have been trying our best to get baptismal
dates. None of our investigators are accepting right now. They all say they
want to wait and take more discussions and then maybe after that they will be
baptized. On the upside we had 90% member present lessons, which is a big
improvement from our passed numbers. Also this week we had amazing discussions
the Serrrano's. This passed lesson with David and Yuri we had Prs. Frank and
his family come with us. We taught about chastity. The lesson went great!! The
Franks were the perfect member presents. The last time we talked to the
Serranos about marriage they said they would get married in March and that was
when we went to the temple with them. This time after the lesson we asked them
again if they had set an official date. David them turned to Yuri and asked why
they were waiting so long. He then suggested they get married on his Birthday
which is the 28 of this month. Because it is on a Wednesday we all decided that
the 31 of December would be
best!! If all goes as planned they will be baptized on the 31 too!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment