I was
happy we were able to celebrate Thanksgiving with the Follets. They are an
awesome family. She told me she wanted to call you to see if there was anything
special that I like for Thanksgiving but she did not have your number. She called
Hna B’s family. Her husband is super into family history. He was looking up
Grandma’s side on some web site and then he found who I was related to and was
very impressed ;) I didn’t tell him anything about my heritage because I
thought it would be fun to see his reaction.
We went
over early to the Follets on Thursday so we
could help her cook. It was fun too. It reminded me of being home. After dinner
we did a puzzle and you know how much I live puzzles!! :) She also sent us home
with a weeks worth of left-overs!... though I am not sure they will last a
week.
Ahhhh..
the kid next to me is listing to Breaking Benjamin super loud! super
distracting! ....I am a child of God and he has sent me here, has given me an
earthly home and parents kind and dear lead me guide me walk beside me........
I know I
have told you about Jessica, the lady that works at the Dollar Tree. We finally
met up with her again and set up an appointment with her. We met with her for
the second time this week. She has a strong faith in God and knows our meeting
was not accidental. She told us about her family that still lives in CA, the same part Hna B is from. The first time we met with her we
taught her about the atonement and gave her a Plan of Salvation pamphlet. She
has also had a lot of death in her family. She said she would read it. This
past time we met with Jessica, Hna B and I did not have a clue what to teach her
or what she needed to hear. We prayed and prayed on what we should teach her
this week. We still did not know when we met up with her. When we started
talking with her Hna B started talking about faith. Jessica is fluent in
Spanish but prefers to read in English. Weeks ago I had put a English Book of
Mormon in my backpack just in case we needed. So far we have not handed out an
English one. When Hna B was talking about faith she asked if I could pull out
my English scriptures. When I went to grab them I saw the blue English BOM, I
pulled it out instead. We read from Alma 32. After awhile she asked if she
could keep the book! Absolutely you can have it! we thought we were going to
have to offer it to her. It truly was a spiritually guided lesson.
This week
we have also been working on receiving more referrals. We had been blessed from
our efforts. On one day we received 5. We had an appointment with one of our investigators;
she ended up being sick and couldn't meet with us. We asked her if she new
anyone that we could help or that spoke Spanish that we could talk to. She gave
us three families we could visit and we asked those three if there was anyone
one else we could talk to, they gave us more names. It was a snow ball effect
from there.
From one
of the referrals we met Suzanna. She let us in the very first time we knocked.
After we were in her house we later found out she is a recent converted to the
Jehovah Witness. We immediately thought " this ought to be
interesting". The last Jehovah Witness we talked to said she was going to
stick her dogs on us. Suzanna was very open and kind to us. We related trackting
stories with her. She said she knows how it feels to have every door close so
she let us in. We taught her a little about the Book of Mormon and left her
with a copy and the Restoration pamphlet. She agreed to read the introduction.
She also said we were welcome to come back anytime she was home. We went back
yesterday night. She did read part of the Book of Mormon. Though she was
confused on where it came from. She then asked us several questions about after
life. We taught her the Plan of Salvation. She is still set on the Jehovah
Witness beliefs of the afterlife. When we left we committed her to read the
Book of Mormon and pray to know if it was true. She said she would.


No comments:
Post a Comment