Tuesday, December 13, 2011

An Update... And A Major Oops


Early this week we were at our ward mission leaders house for correlation. We were talking to his daughters outside and from the Conner of my eye I see a tall blond boy walking up to us and I seriously thought it was Russell for a good minute. It really freaked me out! Come to find out he was their cousin and his name is Mathew. All during correlation I kept looking at him because even his mannerisms were similar to Russell’s. So, Russell if you are looking for your long lost twin he is living in Bernalillo, New Mexico and his name is Mathew.

The Serrano family is still on track to be married on December 31. We asked if they wanted to be baptized on the same day and Yuri said she will ask her brother if he can come because she really wants him to baptize them. We are still waiting to hear back to see if he is coming. If he is we want them to ready, so we made them a calendar of the lessons we have left to teach them. They are doing great. They did not make it to church yesterday. We went to their house after church to see if everything was alright. Yuir was home. She told us David was called into work. Because they did not make it to church they read out of the Book of Mormon as a family. They read in Jacob and 3 Nefi. She had a couple of questions about the reading. We clarified her questions before we left.

Friday we had a dropped appointment so we were heading do our back up plan. As we were driving there we felt like we needed to stop by one of our potentials that we have been trying to get a hold of. For the first time they were home. They let us in and the husband told us his friend was coming over who happen to be the member that referred them to us. The member/ friend told Ernesto (the husband) that we did not know any Spanish before the mission. Enesto was surprised and asked how we learned so fast. We then taught him about the spirit and it is only by the spirit that we have been able to learn so fast. We also invited Vikki (the wife) to the RS Christmas party that is this week. She seemed to be excited to go. We are going to give her a call to remind her.
Also Lorana's son Jose Pablo moved here from Denver. He is 21 and is now looking for a job here. We met him one time before when he came for a visit. He even had dinner with Pres. Frank and us when he was here. When he was here before he expressed some interest. We stopped by Lorena Hot Dog stand to see if he was there. He was and he told us he was coming to church on Sunday. He really enjoyed church and the classes. He even participated in Gospel Essentials.
Ok now for a funny story... So it has been cold this week. I have a black skirt that was given to me in the MTC from a roommate that was leaving to Guatemala and didn’t have room in her luggage to take it. So she gave it to me. This skirt is made of thicker fabric and it is a little longer. Because it has been cold I have been wearing it all week. Saturday I was going to wear it once again. I placed it on my bed and noticed that there were some loose threads. I picked it up for a closer examination. Come to find out it had a 3 inch rip right down the back where the sun don’t shine! Oooopppss. I just about died laughing because I have no I idea how long it’s been there. I probably wore it a day or two with the rip in it but thankfully I have had my jacket on most of the time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment