So the
big news of the week is that I am being transferred to El Paso tomorrow morning
:/ I still don’t know how I feel about it. It came as a surprise. Hna B has
been here for 4 transfers now. We all thought it was going to be her that was
leaving. To be honest I am a little jealous. I am sad to leave Rio Rancho. By
the looks of it, we think Hna Wagner my MTC companion is taking my place. hummm
oh well that is the way it is going to be. I still don’t know exactly where I
am going to be in El Paso because they have been keeping transfer news hush
hush. I have a good idea because we did the math and there is only one spot open
in El Paso for a Spanish hermana.
This
passed Tuesday we had Zone Christmas Conference. It was Great! and a lot of
fun.
We met
with the Serrano family. They told us they did not want to be married on the
Dec 31 anymore. Because David has been working a lot and that is too soon. We
talked to them about it and asked them more questions. They now have a new
date/ goal to be married and baptized on Feb 1, 2012! We then taught them the
importance of keeping goals. If we don’t try to complete goals there is no
point of making them and they are just empty words.
Also the
Elders called us and said they had a Christmas tree that one of their
investigators wanted to give away and if we knew anyone that didn’t have a tree
that could use one. We thought of the Serrano family. They had been using a
stack of wrapped boxes as a Christmas tree. (It sounds worse than what it is) We
had made an arrangement to get it to their house. Then it fell through. We were
so bummed. Then the elders texted us saying they had an idea of how to get the
tree over to the Serranos and the plan included a saw, a rope, and a red rocket
and to give them a call so they could give us the details. Hahaha they were not
kidding. They needed a saw to cut off the bottom of the tree, and a rope to tie
it on to the zone leader’s car also known as "The Red Rocket". We
borrowed the saw and rope from our maintenance guy. The Zone leaders secured it
on their bike rack and off we went to the Serranos.
Earlier that day Hna B and I went to the
Dollar tree to buy ornaments for the tree and as soon as we walked in a man greeted
us by saying "Hello Sisters". It took us off guard. He apparently has
studied with missionaries before and goes to Church when he visits his
grandmother in AZ. We talked to him about taking the lessons again or at least
going to church here. He politely declined. He was the one that checked us out,
he asked us who we were decorating for and we told him a family we are
teaching. Then before we knew it he swiped his credit card and told us it was
on him and to have a Merry Christmas:) We told the English sister about him so
they could do visit him.
All so we
had a surprise B-day party for one of the Zone Leaders. We all hid in their
kitchen and blew horns when he walked in. His face was priceless.
Also yesterday we ate three dinners. I don’t think I ever want to eat
again!!


No comments:
Post a Comment