Saturday, January 21, 2012

Questions and Answers

I (Emily) asked Hermana Henderson (Karen) to fill in the answers. So here is the skinny she sent back.

Q: What is your favorite day of the week and why? 
         A: My favorite day changes from time to time. My favorite days are when I feel accomplished at the  end of the day. Or the days when you know where you are supposed to be because God wants us there for a specific reason.

Q: What is your favorite Spanish speaking moment?
         A: My favorite moments are when I can tell the Spirit is working through me and helping me know what to say. It's a really great feeling.

Q: What is one thing you wish you had more of?
         A: I wish I had more investigators and referrals by members.
             I wish I had an endless bank account so I could help the people I see struggling every day.
             I also wish members would feed us more healthy food so you wont have to roll me off the plane          when I come home.
              I also wish we had a washer and dryer in the apt. so other people wouldn't have to wash my delicates. It still freaks me out having other people wash my clothes.

Q: What is one thing you miss about not being on a mission?
         A: I really miss not being able to talk to my family whenever I want and I miss not having to wear a skirt every single day. Wearing a skirt gets real old real fast especially on windy days.

Q: What is the best thing about being on a mission?
        A: I like meeting new people and getting to know them. I also really like personal study. Right now I'm reading the Book of Mormon and I never want to put it down and start companion study. An hour a day is not long enough to read the Book of Mormon! I want more time!

Q: What is your favorite thing to wear?
       A: Right now I really like wearing scarves because they add a splash of color and they can dress up any outfit.

Q: If you had a cat right now what would you name it?
        A: That would depend of the cat... but I have a few in mind.... Sophora, Stanley, Stella, Elva, Felix, Duke, Pancho, Doger..

Q: What is your favorite food from the mission?
      A: I still love the good classic enchiladas.

Q: What is one thing you wish you had never eaten while on your mission?
      A: There are several things I wish I never had to eat again...
          Chicharones- (pig skin/fat) the first time I had it I was trying so hard not to throw it up in fromt of the member that made it. It tastes like think slices of slime.
          Ox tail- little round circles of bone with a little bit of meat. You eat it by sticking the whole thing in your mouth, chew off the meat and then spit the bone out.... yummy....
          Menudeo- I don't know why it's called that because it means constant in Spanish. It is a soup that has cut up cow stomach and intestines. Sometimes they even put in the ankles. I have had it twice on my mission. one time it was ok and the other time I had a really hard time eating it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment