Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Kitten Eberton



Not much happened this week. But here is a fun story.... Hna Gomez wanted to stop by a former investigator. It was night when we stopped by. When we were knocking on the door a little kitten came up to us. He was soo CUTE! We could tell he was a stray. He was so dirty and skinny and as everyone knows I am a sucker for animals! ugggg why do I have to love animals so much? Both Hna Gomez and I wanted to take the kitten but we are not allowed to have any type of animal as missionaries, not even a fish. It broke my heart when we had to leave him. Every Monday we visit the Gonzales Family, they are better known as the G's. This family is AWESOME!! They are a young couple with 7 kids all under the age of 10, I think, or something crazy like that. When we were over there for dinner last Monday we started sharing funny pet stories. Bro G had a dog named Nike, let’s just say I really want a dog like Nike! They also told us they were thinking about getting a cat. I told them about how Marley burps after he is done drinking. They got a good kick out of that. Later that week on Wednesday we drove back to contact that former investigator. Before we got out of the car I asked Hna Gomez what we were going to do if we saw the kitten again.
But then we remembered the G's said they were thinking about getting a cat........ we called Sis.G. She didn’t pick up so we left her a voicemail. We left to contact the former. We could see the kitten off in the distance. I looked at Hna Gomez giving her my biggest puppy eyes, silently pleading with her. She said "fine if it comes over here I will take it with us" We turned back to the former's door and rang the door bell. I kid you not, not 5 seconds after she said that we hear a little meow behind us. Gomez was like "oh, crap" I could tell she was not expecting the kitten to have come to us.....But I was laughing on the inside. She then said "if it comes closer to us THEN we can take it with us" It was at that time the kitten started walking toward us! Hna Gomez just rolled her eyes and pick up the kitten and we walked back to the car:) I was so excited I could hardly hold it in! Sis G called us when we had been knocking on the door. We called her back, as we were sitting in the car with Kitten. She said part of her wanted to say yes to the kitten. We got her to agree to at least look at the kitten. She invited us over. We could tell she was excited;) She answered the door when we got to her house all of her kids surrounded us. Bro G came in the room. He looked at us and said " What you brought us a cat?!" Sis. G didn’t tell him we were coming over with the kitten! We could tell he was super confused and didn’t know what to think. It didn’t take him long to warm up to the idea. He is a cool guy like that. By the time we left they had a vet appt for him and last night Bro G texted us saying thank you for the kitten who they named him Eberton, after the street we found him on:)
As for the investigators this week we did a lot of DTRs because several of them were not progressing. Javier is doing really well except he has not been coming to church. He told us he was going to come this week. Also he has a daughter that lives with him. We have only met her briefly on different occasions. But this week she sat in on her first lesson! We have really wanted to teach her and talk to her about taking the lessons with her dad. Javier wants her to take the lessons too because he knows they will help her in her life. This past Sunday we kept looking for Javier at church but he never showed. We called after church to see what was up. When he answered and we asked how he was he said "Hija, I am so angry!" It took us off guard when he said that because he is normally a very mild mannered person. he then explained, he and his daughter were already for church and were just waiting for Francisco's granddaughter to pick him up and she said she would be be early too so Javier could go to church. But Francisco's granddaughter never showed. We will have to work something out so all three of them can come to church next week.
The Perez's are doing will. Carlos came and played basketball with the Elders last Pday. Hna Gomez and I even played some basketball with them! He had a lot of fun and he wants to come back another week and play when he doesn’t have work. Carlos has 2 jobs now. It has been really hard to teach him with his family because he is always gone now. We taught Alma and Marina lesson 3. The Spirit was really strong during the lesson. Marina cried telling us she wants to change and be better. We promised her that with the Gospel in her life she can become the person she wants to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment