Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy News from Horizon!


It has been a great week and a busy one. The transfer is almost over too! The time goes by so fast when you are on a mission. Some very exciting news.... remember Javier? Well he has a baptismal date and he is right on track for it too!  I was so excited when Hna Gomez told me about him. I hope I am here next transfer so I can go to his baptism!
 
More awesome news. We were able to reset bap dates with the Chavez family!  Their son is now interested in taking the lessons. Before he didn't have any interest in the church what so ever. One time we went to visit their family this week, we brought copies of the children's Book of Mormon. You know the ones where it has the pictures and it explains everything in a more simple detail? Well he read the one about Joseph Smith and it sparked his interest. I am super excited for the Chavez family!

Our other investigator set a new bap date. We had to reset because she didnt come to church. We did have a really awesome lesson with her about prophets and temples. She has been to a couple temples and loved it. We also gave her several scriptures on baptism for her to study.

We have a new investigator. She accepted a bap date on the first lesson. She also has a son that has severe special needs. He as cerebalpalsy and is only 6. She has been to several different churches but doesn't like how they have treated her son. She wasn't able to come to church this week but we already have people lined up to sit with her to help her with her kids when she comes.

We had exchanges this week. Because I am senior comp I stayed in the area and Hna Gomez's greenie come to my area. Not going to lie it stressed me a little bit because she doesn't know much Spanish at all. But it all worked out in the end and the day went by fast because we were booked with appointments all day. Which I was grateful for. Being with her for a day showed me how much I have grown since being on a mission.
Funny, there was an Elder Johnson in my MTC district  .He is now in my district once again. It is fun to see someone that you came out with. He was an ET (emergency transfer) to our area. We don't know what happened. When ETs do happen, Prs. Miller moves several people around so no one really knows what happened or who did what.

No comments:

Post a Comment