Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween and Changes in the Mission


This week we did a lot. Halloween was fun. Our branch had a Halloween party on Halloween night. Not as many people were there as there was last year. We still had fun. Hna Allen and I decorated the trunk of our car and passed out candy to all the kids in the branch for the trunk or treat. We then went back to our apartment and carved pumpkins with the English sisters. Fun times!

 A couple days before I got a call from Pres. Miller inviting me to attend ZLC (Zone Leader Council). When he asked me I was kinda freeking out because sisters don't go to those meetings, only the Zone leaders! The meeting lasted from 8:30am-3pm. talk about a long meeting. Thankfully it was at the mission home in Albuquerque so not too far from us. While I was in the meeting Hna Allen went with different sisters in the area. I learned lots of good stuff from the meeting.  Pres. Miller wants to start inviting sisters to ZLC so they can have their input. It was interesting to see all that goes into ZLC.

                They also gave us some fun facts. Right now our mission has 163 missionaries and is allotted to have 172.  But now with the change of the ages we are now allotted to have 250 missionaries!! How cool is that??!! They are predicting they will start coming into the field in March. It is estimated that every ward will have at least 2 sets of missionaries. The world won't know what hit it when ALL those missionaries come out!

                The day after ZLC we had another meeting with all the Zone in Santa Fe. It was pretty  much the same thing as ZLC,  just a little more toned down and not as long. Then the next day we went on exchanges with the English sisters. I was in the English area. It was weird being in their area but still in mine because we cover their area too, just the Spanish part. The sister I was with was really stressing out because it was the first time she had been left in an area. I remember the first time I was left in an area. I was all stressed out too. But I learned so much about myself and I gained confidence. I hope it is the same for her after the exchange. 

                We have been blessed with having 5 people with a baptismal date and we think we can get a couple more this week too. The Lord has been blessing us with much success in Rio Rancho. We were also able to have two new investigators this week too. Their names are Jorge and Jose. they are brothers. We has our first lesson on Sunday with a member from the Branch. The lesson went really well. They both accepted a soft baptismal commitment. they both work in Santa Fe at a golf course so we can only see them on Sundays. 

ps I got a hair cut. I have swoopy bangs and they cut off about 3inch.

No comments:

Post a Comment