Monday, September 12, 2011

Hash Brown?!


Hola Mama,

Boy Oh Boy it was a jam packed week full of events and many stories. My companion received a huge package from her mom. It was a very long triangle box filled with candy and party poppers to celebrate our half way mark through the MTC. We also lost one of our favorite teachers this week because BYU started classes.  We alwaystease him about going to raves. So we had this I idea that during our last class we were going to try and make him say the word rave and then unleash the poppers and flash the light so we could all have a mini rave with him for our last class. It was epic. He totally wasn't expecting it at all. It was fun. It did not last long because we soon went right back to work.

Last night is probably the most interesting story of all. It was around 9:45 p.m. and we just got up to our rooms and changed in to our pjs. Then the fire alarms started going off. I thought it was just a drill so I took time to put my shoes on and put my name tag on and put my watch back on. But as we were walking, I looked down the the hall and saw black smoke and it smelled bad.  Mind you we are on the 5th floor of the  building. So needless to say we hurried a little faster after that. I was just happy that I wasn't in the shower when the alarms went off like some people were and were standing outside in a robe. We stood outside for around 30 min and then found out what caused the little fire. Drum roll please............ someone tried to cook a hash brown in the microwave in a paper bowl and it all caught on fire. YEP! It was a hash brown that caught on fire. Bet you were not expecting that one.

My time is running out. I will write you and tell you more about the week. Tell Russ thank you for the post card. It was a fun suprise. As of right now, I don't need anything. But if you so feel the desire to send me something you are more than welcome to:) I hope the brother's have a good week back to school and you too mom. I love you. Thank you for the letters
love Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment