So this week was a strange one... Hna B had leadership
training for 2 days. For those 2 days I was paired with Sister Cook, an English
speaking sister. She has only been out in the field for 2 weeks and her
companion was at the leadership meeting as well. I was nerves and super
stressed out those two days because I normally lean on HnaB when I comes to
Spanish, probable a little more than what I should. The first day we met with
mostly Sis Cooks English speaking investigators. All of the appointment went
well. By the end of the day we still had some time left so we went tracking. We
did not have much success when we tracked but it was really good practice for
the two of us. However on the second day we had several Spanish appointments. I
called a member that speaks both English and Spanish to come out with us so
that day we could have member present lessons and have someone there that could
help out with Spanish. Unfortunately, they canceled. When she canceled I got
super stressed because I know that my Spanish is not up to par. She gave
me a suggestion of another person that I could call. I then started thinking
that this might be Heavenly Father telling me that I need to rely on Him more
when it comes to my Spanish. So I decided that I would try and call the other
member and if she couldn’t come that I knew this was a challenge that God was
giving me. I called her and it went straight to her voice mail without even
ringing. After that I was like ok let’s do this. I studied so hard that day
during my language study. When we pulled up to our
investigator that doesn't speak any English I was still a little
apprehensive. I didn’t have a clue how the lesson was going to go. To my
surprise she had made us lunch. At first the conversation was a little slow but
then I got her talking about her ESL class and she showed us her presentation
for her class to about Juarez. Before we left we went over the importance
of the BOM and went over a little bit of the reading After we left I
was surprised how well it went and felt more confident in my Spanish. I knew it
was a challenge Heavenly Father wanted me to do.
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
The Lone Spanish Sister
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment