Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Meeting Jesus and Other Fun People


There is not much to report about this week. We have been doing a lot of finding. We were on one street finding former investigators and talking to everyone we saw. sooo... We see this old guy walking toward us. We started talking to him. He seemed a little tipsy. He shook all of our hands and asked if we believed in God, we of course said yes. Then he shook our hands again and said thank goodness because that means you are saved. Every time he talked he would accidentally spit and drool a little. I think it was because he only had three bottom teeth, and they didn't look like they were going to last much longer either. I was the lucky one that was standing in front of him when we were talking to him. Every time I would try to take a step back he then would take a step forward. So I just resorted to leaning super far back so I wouldn't get sprayed in the face. He would also wipe his drool off with his hand that he would shake with us. icky! We found out his name was Jesus, which is a common name is Spanish. But he thought we did not believe him. So he tried showing us his mail to prove to us that his name was Jesus. He was a funny character. When you go tracking you always find special souls that just want someone to talk to. But you could tell that this man truly loved God. When we were just about to leave he shook each of our hands and said "Bless you because you are a Christian. Bless me because I am a Christian". After that we applied a heavy dose of hand sanitizer.
Yesterday we were back on the same street where we meet Jesus. ( that was a weird sentence to write). There was a man that was cleaning out his car. We talk to everyone so we went over and talked to him. He is in his late 30s I would say. We told him who were are and who we are representing. He said that we could come back. We also invited him to church next Sunday. Then he asked if he could have our number just in case he got lost on the way there. People ask for our numbers but never put it in their phone. It would be really cool if this guy came next week. He seemed promising. (fingers crossed).
We have also taught Javier and Francisco twice this week. Sadly they did not go to church last week :( Javier has been talking to Francisco's granddaughter who is a member about how she knew that the church is true. She said she knew when she started reading the Book of Mormon. Now he is reading the BOM too! We also had a lesson on just reading the BOM and understating what is was saying. 
At last zone conference (which was at Christmas) Prs Miller asked if we would all read the BOM by the next zone conference, which is in February. We have to read around 7 pages a day to be done on time. I have taken this challenge to heart! I have been reading about 10ish a day and I am a couple days ahead of schedule. Right now I am in Alma 9. I have been marking the all references to Christ, when Christ talks and his attributes. I have never had so much fun reading the Book of Mormon. I never want to put it down. I have also decided I want to read through it again and mark all of the IF -THAN statements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment