Thursday, February 23, 2012

Baptism!!!!


It has been a week of ups and downs. Hna Gomez and I started a 40 day fast. It is a fast where you fast from the things that are keeping you from being a super concentrated missionary. And ask for the Lords help to make you a better missionary and report to Him every night on how you did with the things you are trying to stop and how to make it better the next day and repeat this process for 40 days. If all goes will you shouldn't be doing those things any more. You start the 40 day fast with a real fast and the day Hna Gomez and I started our fast Satan was hitting us pretty hard and trying to make us discouraged. Sometimes it was hard to ignore but we have awesome Elders who gave us encouragement and we went to Church too and it made it a lot better. Church makes everything a lot better!
 Also, this past Sunday we were fasting with our investigator Jaqueline to help her receive an answer to her prayers to see if the church is true. Jaqueline is AWESOME!! She has been progressing so much lately and we have taught her almost all of the lessons. That is why we had a fast with her. We checked up on her yesterday to see how her fast went because we were not able to see her on Sunday. She told us she did a full 24 hour fast and she did pray to receive and answer!!! She said she got one but it wasn’t as profound as she thought it would be. So we talked a little about that and then we started to ask her the baptismal interview questions without her knowing it. When she answered them fantastically we told her that they were the interview questions. She looked really surprised. Hna Gomez and I testified about baptism and asked her to be baptized on the March 10. But she said she would be in Juarez that week but March 3 would be better for her!!!!!!! We were like DONE!! March 3rd it is! We were both super excited and Jaquline was giddy with excitement too!! Tonight we are reviewing Joseph Smith by watching the Joseph Smith the Prophet of the Restoration video.
Last night we had dinner with the Horizon sisters. Hna Gomez served in Horizon she was really excited to go back, the elders were there too. It was in a little trailer and it was really hot inside. One of the Elders was not feeling well, but they came any way because I think he was feeling better right before they came but I think the heat got to him. He asked to lie down on the couch. The Sister whose name is Margarita was feeding us and she was trying to help the poor elder. I was talking to one of the other Hermanas and from the corner of my eye I see the Elder throw-up all over Margarita! The Margarita was so graceful.   When we all saw what happened we were all like Sick! But Margarita just put her finger to her mouth to silence us and walked quietly to her room to change then came back to help the Elder again! I think I might have thrown up too! I have a lot more respect for the elders comp too (wait they weren't companions, they were on exchanges). He put on gloves and cleaned the bathroom where the Elder threw up everywhere. I feel really bad for the sick Elder, he couldn’t help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment