Thursday, March 15, 2012

Random Updates!


We had another week of ups and downs. It was really hard to find people home and it seemed like no one wanted to come out with us. So that part was kinda rough. We were able to talk to Javier and Francisco about how they liked Conference and they said they didn't like it at all.
          It nearly crushed our hearts when he said that. We had told him before hand it was a conference and there were going to be a lot of people there and it was not going to be like other Sundays. He said he would give it another try. I am afraid the next time he will give it another try will be General Conference weekend. hahaha lets hope not:)
But we also had a great lesson with them about baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. We used the object lesson using the two bowls of water, pepper and soap to demonstrate how the Holy Ghost works. They really loved it. Then Javier taught it to Francisco. Javier started to also aske the member we had with us about how she knew when it was time for her to be baptized.
On the other hand Jaquline is super excited for her baptism this Saturday at 5!! We saw her last night and we have everything all ready to go on her program! ahahah I can't wait! I am so excited for her too;)
          This week there was also a kind of a mini conference for the women in the New Mexico and Texas area. Barbra Thompson, Cheryl Esplin, and Elaine Dalton spoke. It was all really great. I really enjoy hearing Barbra Thompson speak! She is amazing. She knows how to be spiritual and funny at the same time. I also learned a new object lesson by Cheryl Esplin using soda cans.
Believe it or not, it is the end of another transfer. We get the calls this Saturday. I don't have a clue if I will be staying or going. I am just glad to have the blessing of seeing Jaquline get baptized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment