Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Our 4th of July and Testimony Builders


It has been an interesting week of sorts. It rained for several days so instead of the heat we had humidity. We didn't have much of a 4th of July. We bought pop-its (the little things you throw on the ground and they make a sound) at the Dollar General because that was all we could afford and they weren't against the mission rules. When we got home we sat in the back of our truck and played with those for a little while. Yup, that was the extent of our 4th of July. Kinda lame.
Transfers are next Tuesday the 17th. We get transfer calls this Saturday and training calls are this Wednesday. Sister Gomez goes home:( I am going to miss her so much. I can honestly say she is one of my best friends. I'm just glad we were able to serve so close together for so long. Last Friday her ward was having a musical fireside and she was singing and playing the little guitar and the ZL were singing too. So sister Rathfon and I slipped down to go see them:)
For a while now Sandra one of our recent converts, said weird things have been happening in her apartment and they have been really scarring her. The last experience she had was so scary it made her cry. We asked the elders to go over and give her a blessing. When they were there they started to ask her questions about what was happening and we found out what might be causing these things to happen. They gave her a blessing. In the blessing they commanded things to leave in Christ’s name. I don't want to write exactly what they said because it feels sacred. But I am sure you can guess the wording. When they said it, I could feel the power behind it. It was surreal. It was just another testimony on how powerful and wonderful Christ is and we can do anything in His name and not even the most wicked of things can’t deny him and who He is.
I remember telling you how Hno Chavez and Eduardo have the Aaronic priesthood now. They went out and made sure they both had white shirts and ties for this Sunday. They are taking the priesthood very seriously. Hno Chavez also mentioned how he wants to start doing baptisms for his grandfather and other family that passed way several years ago. They are such an amazing family. They are really excited to be sealed in a year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment