It has been a wonderful spirit filled week. It
all started out with the Temple trip on Monday then on Friday we had Zone
Conference. It was one of my favorite Zone Conferences. The theme was becoming
Master Teachers. I learned so much on how to become a better teacher and the
things that I am doing well in but could still be doing better in. Since
being on a mission I have really come to love teaching. At zone conference
we had several different workshops. The first one was given by Pres. Miller.
He taught us how to teach people according to their views on the Bible. It was
really interesting to hear all the different theories he had. Then Sis. Miller
showed us how to use more visuals and analogies.
Right after Zone Conference we all packed into
our cars and headed down to El Paso so we could go to another conference with
the whole mission with Elder D Todd Christofferson. We were packed like
sardines. One of the senior missionaries in the office drove us down in her
very little car. We didn't arrive in El Paso until 8:45. It was awesome being back down there. We were assigned to stay
in a Horizon Apartment. It was unbelievably nice to back in Horizon but really
hard at the same time. I miss it there so much it hurts. I really miss Hna
Rathfon too. It was so nice to be able to see her again.
We all woke up the next morning to get ready
for the visit from Elder D Todd Christofferson. The whole chapel was filled
with missionaries. It was just an amazing spirit to have so many missionaries
all together in one area all at once. But when Elder Christofferson walked
in the Spirit was magnified a hundred times over. He asked if he could shake
all of our hands and if we could tell him where we are from. Elder Chrisofferson
also came with 2 seventies: Elder Wright and Hallstrum. They each spoke to us.
They all shared great insights. I think every missionary was on the edge of
their seats listening. I took lots of notes. I want to rewrite them in my
journal.
On the way back from El Paso our driver wanted
to shot in this little town called Hatch where they apparently have world
famous green chili hamburgers. When we pulled up I think half of the mission was
there. It was funny seeing so many white shirts at this little hamburger joint.
We probably waited in line for an hour and a half to try their world famous
burgers. I wasn't too impressed with them. They were a little too salty for my
taste. But we did get some really fun pictures in Hatch.


No comments:
Post a Comment