Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Rio Rancho Here I Come.....again


It has been crazy this last little bit. I am back in my first area, Rio Rancho. It has been a mix of emotions being back here. I miss being in Texas soooo much! But then it has been awesome seeing everyone again. My new comp is Sister Allen.She is helping me to stay focused in my last leg of my mission.
She was a little bit sick when I first got here and then she passed it on to me. So now we both have some nasty colds. Sometimes we just laugh at our selves because we know we are a sad looking bunch when one of us is having a caughing fit and the other one can't stop sneezing.

So you probably talked to Sister Taysom when you called the mission office. She is so sweet. I will miss her when she goes home in Oct. It made me laugh when you said you have a sister you ward that has 10 months and she will be going home in a little bit. it just made me laugh because I still feel like I have a lot of time left and I will go home before her. 

It has been nice being back in Rio Rancho. I has surprised me how much I remember about this place. I remember where people live and their kids names..ect. Even though I remember so much it still feels like I am a newbe in the area. All of the investigators are new and there are new recent converts. We have been working hard to get more investigators. We don't have much work right now with investigators. We have been knocking several times without success. 

We have only run into anti- Mormons which has been really hard. Whenever we run into  them it makes me miss the South so much more because they are so much nicer down there and they don't try and rip your soul apart. The worst one was on Sunday. This lady was really nice to us but by the end she was just staying nasty thing,s so bad I wish I could forget them. After the encounter with her we went back to the car and said a prayer to lift our spirits back up. I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life. Every time something like this happens I always think to myself... these people can say and do whatever they want to me, but it will never dampen or take away from my testimony only strengthen it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment