This week we were able to help out with a youth conference activity with
another ward. They were doing “A Day As A Missionary”. It was put together
really well. The youth even received a call letter in the mail and went to a
mini MTC. They then split them all up and assigned them to a missionary and we
went out with them to contact their friends, less actives, and referrals from
the ward. The girl I was with was a really nice girl. She was a little shy
during the lessons but she worked hard with me. They only came out with us for
4 hours and then we had dinner at a member’s house. It was a fun idea. The
youth loved it and it was a great way to get missionary excitement going within
a ward.
Yesterday we went over to teach a lesson to a part member family that we
have been working with. The time before they had said they were going to
make menudo ( a soup Hispanics like to make using cow stomach and intestines
and pig feet, They normally make it for new years) on Sunday. We briefly
talked about it and about how Allen has never had it. Then before we know
it on Sunday after church they are asking when we were coming over for menudo.
Allen and I looked at each other the thought "oh on". I have had
menudo 4 times and this was going to be the 5th. I knew I could stomach
it because I have gotten used to it but I was a little worried for all Allen.
When we got there I could tell it was one of the better menudos. I was able to
finish my bowl. When I finished I looked at Allen and I could tell she was
struggling with every bite. I was already super full and we still had
another dinner to go to, but I was coming to the rescue of my comp. I
asked if she wanted me to finish it for her. She greatly handed it over to me
and I slid her my empty bowl. That night I was so full I hurt. I think mostly
because I had cow stomach swishing around in my stomach mixed with everything
else we had to eat that night.


No comments:
Post a Comment