So earlier this week as sister Allen and I were having companion study and then all the sudden we hear a squeak. We turn and see a mouse running across the kitchen floor and into a hole that it by the dishwasher!! We both just looked at each other and were like " that just did not just happen". I then suddenly remember I have a mouse trap in my desk. We have used it in the past for an object lesson on faith. I run and get it. At this point I am go grateful for a companion that grew up on a farm and knows how to handle situations like this. Sister Allen sets up the trap and puts enticing peanut butter on it and sticks it right by the hole. Not even a minute later we see the mouse stick out its head from the hole. And then another one sticks its head out too! The trap didn't go off right a away. Then before we knew it we hear a SNAP! One mouse down. Sister Allen put the dead mouse in a bag and set the trap up again. Before she could even put it down the second mouse was already trying to eat the peanut butter. SNAP! Another one bites the dust! She puts that one in a bag too. We thought we should set the trap up again just in case there just happens to be more. And I kid you not every 10 or so minutes we are catching mice in the trap. By the time we left the apartment we had killed 4 mice! We set the trap up again before we left. We had to come back right before dinner. When we came in there was yet another mouse in the trap. We then put it in another bag. Set the trap again. When we came home that night we had caught another! That makes a total of 6 mice! Talk about gross! What grosses me out the most is that we don't know how long we have been living with them. My guess is they have been there for quite some time. Just to wrap up the story we have caught and killed a total of.... drum roll please.....10 mice! I don't think we have anymore. We haven't caught any in the last couple of days. I hope it stays that way too!
This week we contacted several referrals. It has been really good and we had great lesson with them. They are people that are really ready. The problem is we couldn't set return appointments with them. Because they all have crazy work schedules. They do know we will be stopping by to see them again. We also were able to set 2 baptismal dates last night with a less actives sister and her daughter, They are doing so well. We have seen them several times but yesterday was the first time we had a real lesson with them. This passed Sunday there was 4 investigators at church and even more less actives. I led the music in sacrament so I could see everyone that was there. It was a blessing to see so many people at church. This Sunday Sister Allen and I have been asked to talk in sacrament meeting on missionary work and the importance of the members. I am excited to be able to talk.


No comments:
Post a Comment